- In an ungreased saucepan, toast the flour over low heat until the flour becomes a light beige color.
- Remove from heat and strain the flour into a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- While the flour is cooling add the water, cinnamon, anise star, lime peel to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Mix sugar (to taste) and toasted flour together
- Add milk to the flour/sugar mixture.
- If there are lumps, sift to mixture to remove lumps.
- Add sifted mixture to the boiling water. Mix well as you add the mixture
- Continue to mix well. The mixture will thicken.
- Serve the Labouyi hot.