|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 lb Beef
- 1/2 lb Joumou
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1/2 lb Yam
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Stick Celery
- 2 Sticks Green Onion
- 1 Handful Macaroni and a bit of dry noodles optional
- 8-9 Cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Powdered Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Onion
- 1-2 garlic
- Green Pepper
- Hot Pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Clean and season the beef
- Add seasoned meat an ½ cup of water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- When this first bit of water runs out, add 5 cups of water. Allow to boil until the water lessens.
- Add 3 cups of water when the second water is almost finished—make sure that the meat has softened.
- While the meat sauce is boiling, prepare the veggies.
- Peel and wash the Joumou, yam, turnip and potatoes
- Cut the Joumou into large cubes
- Wash the celery and green onions
- Scrape off the top layer of the carrot and cut into pieces
- When the meat has softened, add the Joumou pieces to the meat sauce
- Allow to boil until the Joumou is cooked. This takes 10-15 minutes.
- When the Joumou is cooked, remove the pieces from the sauce to blend
- Add the Joumou and some of the meat sauce to the blender and blend well.
- Add the Joumou sauce to the meat sauce. Bring to boil
- While the sauce is boiling, add the rest of the veggie and bring to a boil
- While the sauce is boiling, dice some onion and garlic and fry them in a bit of oil—this is to kòmande the soup
- When the onion and garlic is browned, not burnt, add the mixture to the soup
- Add a bit of butter
- Taste the soup and if it’s to your taste, it’s ready to serve